Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wishbone Photography Ads

These first three ads are ads for wishbone photography. http://wishbonepets.com/wishbone-photography-ad-series-st-louis-dog-photographer/ I noticed that these ads are in black and white or in sepia. Becca and Adam Williams owns wishbone photography. They are the St. Louis portrait photographers. They photograph bellies, babies, kids, families, pets, and weddings on location in the St. Louis metropolitan area. They primarily use a variety of new and historic film cameras. They "choose film because of its beautiful color saturation, its classic and ethereal nature and, as important as anything, the magic of waiting impatiently with child-like anticipation." 
 


 

Her ads are photo based and not illustration based, which makes since because they are a photography company. I like how she put her logo and tagline on all of her ads. She also put a simple line of text on each of her ads. I like how "your" (first ad) is a different font than the rest of the words so it stands out more. She also did that with the word "children" (third ad). I like the third ad because I get what it means right away (I like all of her ads). I like how the dogs and baby are facing away from us. I also like the text on the last ad. People usually think of young human kids when they think of children, but other people think of their pets as children. I have to make ads using mainly photos with some simple text on them and these ads are inspiring me to do that.



 
She also works with Purina. She did commercial studio work this year for Purina's dog breed library online. http://www.purina.com/dogs/dog-breeds

She also worked with Purina Pro Plan brand dog food magazine. This is a magazine ad (there are three on her page) that included her photography. There is more to the ad that you can see here http://wishbonepets.com/latest-magazine-ads-advertising-dog-photography/ I just couldn't copy it all. She said she had a lot of fun doing it. She had to go into a swamp in Georgia to photograph the Treeing Walker Coonhound in the last ad above. The ad has easy to read text that reads like bullet points. Each of these ads include pictures of the Purina dog food and a black box at the bottom which includes more information relating to the ad. I like these ads. I think they work. I also really like the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment