Friday, June 28, 2013

Michael Jones

"Michael Jones began his career in photography in the 10th grade when he took a photography class and his C-average shot up to straight A's." He studied photography in college and became a photo assistant on the west coast and Paris, France. He started his own studio in Portland, Oregon and has been shooting product, portrait, and fashion photography ever since. He has worked with and created award-winning photography for TaylorMade, Golf, Nike, Sportswear, Microsoft, Oregon Symphony, Adidas, and many more. He lives in Washington State with his wife and daughter.

http://www.michaeljonesphotostudio.com/


The first picture is a photograph he took of the TaylorMade Golf Club. I don't think he actually designs the ads. I think he just takes the pictures for the companies. I like the background that the first golf club is sitting on. I like that it's a texture background underneath a shiny "metal" gold club.


 I really like this picture. I think it is centered, but it doesn't feel like it's centered because of the shape of the golf club and the angle and took it at. I think the club looks really sharp against a solid black background. The name, logo, and colors on the golf club turned out really well. I think the levels work is well done. It's dark on the bottom of the club, but I think it looks good like that. I like how the biggest highlight is across the brand name "TaylorMade"

 This is a photo he took for Nike. I really like this photo. I like how the shoe is positioned and I like how he took the shot. I usually see pictures of very clean and new shoes for ads. This shoe is different. This shoe has mud/dirt on the bottom and has water or sweat on top.  I like how the dirt is coming off of the shoe. The shoelaces are also untied, which gives it the used and rugged look.


No comments:

Post a Comment