Friday, June 7, 2013

Clayton Bastiani

This is a Photogram that Clayton Bastiani took. "Clayton Bastiani is a fine art photographer predominantly supplying images to the book trade." He has almost 400 book jackets in 23 countries. Clayton’s work tends to be deeply personal in both feeling and approach. This was one of my favorite pictures on his website. I know this isn't an actual photograph, but I like it. I think this photograph tells a story. I like how you can see the bones and the flesh in the hands. I also like how the hand is in the process of grabbing the flower, but hasn't actually grabbed the flower yet. This picture sort of looks like a sepia negative. I like it because it's different. There are some shadows and highlights in this picture that make it look 3-D. It's a pretty simple picture. I kind of wish there was a little more in the picture, but if there was it would make it too busy. I think this is a unique piece of artwork by Bastiani.
http://www.claytonbastiani.com/photograms%20page%201.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment