Monday, June 10, 2013

Rebekka Guoleifsdottir


I really like this photo. It's different. Rebekka Guoleifsdottir took this photo. She is a visual artist and photographer. She takes pictures, she draws, and she custom designs and hand-knits sweaters. I think her photographs are stronger than her drawings. This is a self-portrait. She has a lot of self-portraits on her page. Some of them look like they were taken by someone else. I like how this is a portrait, but she covered up with face with a black and white photo. I'm not sure if that photo is of her or someone else. The black and white photo of the face works well with the rest of the picture. It gives off almost a mystery and sad feeling. She is also disguising her face by using another face whether it's her face or someone else's. I like the expression of the black and white face. She lined it up pretty well with her actual face. This picture looks cold. It looks like their is snow on the ground. The composition also works well because she is off-centered. The face is almost 2/3 of the way up on the page, which is the rule of thirds. This picture inspires me to take self-portraits like this, but I would use my own face for the photo that I will hold up. I think that is her in the photo she is holding up though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment