Thursday, June 6, 2013

Joe Mcnally

I print screened this shot off of Joe McNally's website since I couldn't copy it. I absolutely love this picture. This picture is different and I haven't seen anything like it. It has a dark and mysterious feeling to it. I like how he used a broken piece of glass instead of a full mirror. I also like how he didn't directly take a picture of her face, but he took a picture of her hand holding the broken glass with her face being reflected in the glass. I think the colors work well in this photo. Even though it's a darker photo I think it still works because her face and glass are brighter and important parts in the picture. He focused on the piece of glass and left the rest of the picture out of focus, but not blurry. The background is out of focus, but it's not blurry and I think it works well like that. Her makeup works well in this photo too because she has a shiny bronze makeup across her face and she also has red lips in the bottom corner. The broken glass is tilted and I think that works better than if it was straight. I like most of Joe McNally's photos. The category of his pictures are "Environment," "Athletes," "Legends," "Dance," "Industrial," "Faces," "New York City," and "Classic." He has been doing professional photography for 30 years and he is an internationally acclaimed photographer. He has done assignments in over 50 countries. He also shot cover stories for TIME, Newsweek, Fortune, New York, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times Sunday Magazine, and Men's Journal.  He was a photographer for Sports Illustrated, a staff photographer for LIFE, and current a 23 year contributor to the National Geographic. I need to take pictures that tell a story for my Digital Photography class. I think the above picture definitely tells a story. I can make up a lot of stories that would go along with this picture.
  http://portfolio.joemcnally.com/ (This photo is in the category "Environment" and it is 19/27)

No comments:

Post a Comment