Thursday, June 13, 2013

Will Pearson

Will Pearson is a professional panoramic photographer and has been since the mid-nineties. He "grew up in the Peak District, Derbyshire and after a post-University stint in Nottingham headed south to London and have been a fixture here ever since." He has worked with clients like BBC, Virgin, WIRED, National Geographic, Sony, Jaguar, and others. 


Sundown Over Waterloo
I think a lot of his panoramic pictures are interesting and beautiful, but some of them seemed like they are paintings or fake. I know all of them are real, but I think it's just how he edited them. I like the composition of the Sundown Over Waterloo. That picture doesn't seem like that's how it would look it real life. I know he took it at sunset, but I feel like he edited too much and there seems to be a haze over the picture.
I really like the composition and just the overall picture of the Lambeth Bridge, but it looks like a painting to me rather than a photograph. I have never been too London, but I know London (or any place) doesn't actually look like that in real life as far as the colors go. I know some people may like this style (having a photograph look like a painting or have unrealistic colors), but I don't like it. I think a photograph especially one like this should look like how it does in real life. If I wanted a painting of London I would buy one. If I wanted a photograph of London I would want a photograph that actually looks like it does in real life. I do like Will Pearson's panoramic photos, but I think he edits them too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment