Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ansel Adams


The Tetons and Snake River, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.
Ansel Adams took this photograph. This picture was taken in 1942. He was an American photographer and environmentalist. He was born in 1902 and died in 1984. He is best known for his black and white landscapes photographs. He began using the Kodak No1. Box Brownie film camera. I really like the composition of this picture. My eye moves all around the picture. I first look at the mountains then I look at the right corner where the river starts then I follow the river then look at the rest of the picture. I think the river is a entry point into the picture. I also like how the river is curved instead of straight. This picture has a lot of depth. This picture has a good balance of darkness and lightness. The reason this picture isn't crisp or that clear is because it was developed from film and then scanned in to the computer. I know this was taken by a film camera so I'm not judging it on how crisp it is. Ansel Adams was an amazing photographer and took beautiful landscape photos in black and white. I am currently doing a black and white photograph project. I have to take pictures of landscapes/cityscapes and they have to be in black and white. I am struggling to take a good black and white picture. I can take good landscape pictures in color, but when I turn them into black and white some of them don't look as good as they do in color.
The Tetons and Snake River, Grand Teton National Park,

No comments:

Post a Comment